Overview of the Incfile LLC & corporation formation serviceIncFile offers a number of services for business owners forming their LLC or corporation. Some of the highlights include:
- Verifying business name availability
- Preparation and filing of the articles of organization (LLC) or articles of incorporation (corporation)
- State filing is processed by the next business day (not available on Silver Package)
- Free registered agent service for the first year
- Lifetime alerts on report deadlines (not available on Silver Package)
- Free business tax consultation
- Lifetime customer support
- Online access to incorporation documents (not available on Silver Package)
Incfile PricingIncfile offers three LLC business formation packages, ranging from free to $299 plus state fees. Let’s break each package down below to see if you really need more than their free version. Silver Package $0 – IncFile’s Silver Package is free, plus the state fee. In the Silver Package you get a free business name search, filing of the articles of organization or incorporation is filed with the state, a registered agent is provided at no cost for one year, business tax consultation with a certified tax professional and lifetime company alerts, which is a great bargain. One concern is that usually when something is free, there is a reason. IncFile recently made their Silver Package free and this question was on our minds too. So, we asked management of IncFile why and their response was that they want to create a long-term relationship with small business owners. Since most businesses get started by creating their entity, if IncFile provides a great first experience, IncFile expects business owners to trust them with the other services they provide. That of course is up to the business owners but with IncFile’s high ratings and no-cost formation, it seems hard to go wrong here. While we like the free formation service, and what they offer is a great deal, there are some expensive upsells on the Silver Package such as registering an EIN (Employer Identification Number), filing IRS form 2553, creating a banking resolution (used to open a company bank account) and contract templates. Other “review” sites may tell you the other two packages are a better value (to get a higher commission), but we can show you how to get a great bargain from the Silver Package and skip the pricey upsells. Another concern was that on the detailed pricing page, IncFile states that they strive to ensure that every order received is prepared and forwarded to the state within 1 business day. The silver package doesn’t have a check mark for the 1-day processing, which contradicts that statement, so we reached out to their customer service team by email to get more information. They responded saying that this may not stay permanent, but the Silver Package time is the same as the other two packages. If the no-cost Silver Package sounds right to you and you don’t want to pay for the upsells, here are is more information to finish the formation of your entity without spending extra.
- Register an EIN
- Prepare and file IRS form 2553
- Create an Operating Agreement
- Create a Banking Resolution
IncFile Customer ReviewsOne of things many people look at before making a purchase are the online reviews to see what actual customers had to say. We took care of this for you and found a few reliable sources of IncFile reviews including:
- Better Business Bureau – The IncFile BBB review shows they have been accredited since 2004. BBB gave IncFile an A+ Rating with an average rating from 116 customers of 4.4 / 5 stars.
- Shopper Approved – IncFile received a 4.8 out of 5 star satisfaction rating with 11,901 customer ratings.